BE IN WITH THE CHANCE TO WIN A PRIZE PACKAGE WORTH €5,000!*
After a highly successful launch last year, the Bord Gáis Energy Bookshop of the Year returns giving you, the booksellers of Ireland, the opportunity to market your business in the industry’s largest and most prestigious annual promotion, the Bord Gáis Energy Irish Book Awards.
Designed to recognise the vital role Irish bookshops play in the community, this is your opportunity to be voted Ireland’s favourite bookshop by the public and celebrate your success nationally!
The winner of this unique award category will be announced at the prestigious Bord Gáis Energy Irish Book Awards taking place in the RDS on the 22nd November 2012.
What are the prizes?
• This year the winning bookshop will receive a prize package to the value of €5,000!
• The package includes a stunning Bord Gáis Energy Irish Book Awards trophy, €4,000 electricity credit with Bord Gáis Energy, and a commemorative plaque for the front of their business.
• As a special bonus, this year all five shortlisted bookshops will receive two free places for their staff on a bespoke one day session aimed at delivering Digital Marketing Insights for the Book Industry in Ireland, hosted by some of Ireland’s most renowned digital marketing leaders.
• Your customers who vote at www.bordgaisenergybookclub.ie will also be entered into a draw to win some fantastic prizes, including: six months supply of electricity, a €500 holiday voucher and 50 Book Club goodie bags.
How do I enter?
All Booksellers’ Association bookshop members will be automatically entered into the running for this award.
• If you are not a member of the Booksellers’ Association you can enter your shop for this award by completing the short online entry form by 3rd September at www.irishbookawards.ie/bookshop-of-the-year/.
• BA members may opt out of automatic inclusion if desired by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd September 2012.
Where does voting take place?
Voting takes place online at www.bordgaisenergybookclub.ie from 10th September. We will help you promote your shop via a nationwide campaign and by supplying free point of sale packs for your store, see below.
How is the shortlist decided?
This is an award to recognise Ireland’s favourite bookshop, as chosen by the public. The public will be asked to vote for their favourite bookshop through a web poll of all bookshops who agreed to enter on www.bordgaisenergybookclub.ie.
Voting runs from the 10th September – 14th October. There will be five voting constituencies: Munster, Connaught, Leinster, Ulster and Greater Dublin; the regional winner of each constituency will then go forward to make up a final shortlist of five shops which will be announced at the Bord Gáis Energy Irish Book Awards shortlist event on 25th October.*
How is the winner decided?
• The winning shop will be selected by mystery shoppers.
• The winner will be the shop that performs best on criteria such as stock range, customer service, ambience, customer recommendations and display. Fully outlined criteria will be available closer to the time.
How will entering benefit my bookshop?
• A regional publicity campaign will be rolled out across Ireland notifying local and national media of the shops competing for the award in their area. You will have significant opportunities to promote your business and celebrate your shop.
• The five finalists will be announced on 25th October and will feature widely in the awards campaign throughout October and November.
• All five finalists will receive a prize and the winning bookshop will receive a prize package to the value of €5,000. All customers who vote in the public web-poll will be entered into a draw to win some fantastic prizes too.*
What do I have to do?
• All you have to do is get your customers to spread the word about how great your bookshop is and vote for you!
• Once you are eligible for the award there is no requirement for you to submit any data, written materials or photographs.
• Visit www.irishbookawards.com/bookshop-of-the-year/ and www.bordgaisenergybookclub.ie for more information.
How can I promote my involvement?
• All eligible bookshops will be sent free point of sale material to put up in their shops to encourage their customers to vote for them.
• We’ll also provide some great ideas for using social media to support this.
• If you would like any further information or ideas on how to promote your involvement email email@example.com.
When is the winner announced?
The winner will be announced at the Awards Dinner on 22nd November in the RDS, Dublin. Proprietors of shortlisted shops will be invited to attend the Awards Dinner at an exclusively discounted ticket price.
MAKE SURE YOUR BOOKSHOP IS IN THE RUNNING FOR IRELAND’S FAVOURITE BOOKSHOP!