The Children’s Awards were created in the first Irish Book Awards expansion of 2006 under the sponsorship of The Dublin Airport Authority. In 2011 DAA was supplanted by Ireland’s family optician Specsavers who have a strong track record of supporting books and reading in the UK (their TV Book Club on Channel 4 goes from strength to strength). The childrens’ award is split into junior and senior categories and regularly produces wonderfully deserving winners.
- 2011 The Lonely Beast by Chris Judge More >>
- 2010 On the Road with Mavis and Marge by Niamh Sharkey More >>
- 2009 Before You Sleep by Benji Bennett More >>
- 2008 The Story of Ireland by Brendan O’Brien More >>
- 2007 The Incredible Book-eating Boy by Oliver Jeffers More >>
Click here for Eligibility guidelines